Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Splish Splash...Who is really taking the bath??

Well this baby of mine is going to be a water baby I think...She loves loves LOVES her bath time. The routine starts with her sitting on my lap as I fill her bath tub. She is patient...surprisingly enough. We then undress her in her room. She then starts to flail her arms when I pick up nu-do and walk her into the bathroom. As soon as we enter the bathroom she literally is trying to fly out of my arms. At this point I can handle the 20 lb of wiggles but I am concerned if this behavior continues :) All that needs to touch the water is one toe and we have lift off. She becomes a kicking star. She is too long for the tub now but I am not ready to say that my baby is growing up and can use the regular tub now...I know I am crazy but as all new mothers I feel like I have earned this right to be a little crazy...ANYWAYS....I then proceed to wash her hair and body. No sooner have I reached for the soap than I realize that crazy amount of kicking has caused me to be completely soaked...But how can I tell her NO when she is giggling and having the time of her life. My parents council me that this will bight me in the bum later in life this thought that I can't tell her NO because she is being cute...Oh well, for now I will enjoy this stage.





PS...I have to have 2 wash cloths available now...one for me to use and one for her to eat...when does the stage end when they put everything in there mouth???

2 comments:

  1. She is so cute! My kids have always loved baths and now they LOVE SWIMMING! My kids still put everythig in their mouths :) But Once teething stops it will slow down (so about 2 more yrs).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch out for those eyes, I know someone with those same eyes and her mom hasn't had a good nights sleep since 1981. Heheheheh Love ya Grandma

    ReplyDelete