Saturday, February 11, 2012

Too BIG....

And then there was a 2 year old and a 1 year old (almost in 2 weeks-ish). We are sadly on a budget these days so I combined Ruby's 2 year old pics with Mads 1 year old pictures. Ruby turned 2 in December and Mads will turn 1 in March.

I felt like a complete failure at the photo shoot. Ruby's cooperation was minimal. Mads was not impressed with the childish sounds the photographer was making to attempt a smile. And then a miracle....10 good pictures...
I hear it all the time when they find out that I have 2 girls..."I am so sorry!" or "I will pray for you" or the classic that I hear all the time "Poor woman has no idea what she is store for when they turn teenagers". Ok people listen up I am fully aware of the drama queens living under my roof BUT I would not trade one moment of the drama. I love being a mom of girls...I love that Ruby is so ridiculous about wanting to accessorize before leaving the house. I love that she will put make up on with me. I love that she snuggles with me when Mads has gone to bed. I love that is amazing big sister! I love that Mads is not going to be part of the back ground. I love that she has found her voice and appears to be developing quite the sense of humor. I love that she wakes up talking to her zebra. I love that she will lay her head down on your shoulder and snuggle you. I love my girls!! PS...Ruby and Mads will you please stop growing...

5 comments:

  1. Girls Rule!! :)

    And it looks as though your little princesses are no exception...

    love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People who try to console you about the kind of children you have are idiots. I get that all the time with my (almost) five boys. I think your girls are adorable! I love reading about their little personalities and laughing, knowing they got all their sass and flair from you. They are awesome, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When people find out I have 4 kids they always say, "bless you." Like I'm doing some sort of service project or something. Your girls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know deb, Im sure there is something online we can buy to slow their growth, just say the word.

    The loving Uncle Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cuz I used to get that all time about having 3 boys. I would NOT trade one ridiculous loud silly moment I have had with them. I wouldn't trade them now as they are older. Heavenly Father blessed me with these 3 wonderful spirits and I got the honor of raising them. I wanted them to stop growing I tried everything. NO SUCH LUCK... but you know as they are growing into young adults I am enjoying them now too. Your girls are so beautiful and you are doing a wonderful job. You have the perfect children for you... Keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete