Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!!

As I was sitting in church wrestling my 2 ankle biters I tried to reflect on the women that have shaped my life and have impacted my life as a mother. The first person I immediately thought of was my own mother. My mom is truly an example of selfless love for me. Her constant watch over her children and fight for whats best for them has inspired me to be a better mother. One thing from my childhood that I try to carry over to my children lives is my mother's love for the holidays and tradition. I have very big shoes to fill but she is a great example and I lucky to have her so close to continue to teach me! I love you mom!! Happy mother's day!!
Another woman I thought of was my mother-in-law. Although I have only had her in my life for a short period of time It is what she did before we met that I am truly grateful for. She has raised an amazing man. She has taught him about love and respect and I am grateful for this. He leads our home with integrity and honor. I am so proud to be part of there family and I am so grateful for all that she has done as the matriarch of the her family. WE love you Diane....Happy mother's day!!

I also thought of my countless friends that went before me....I got a late start on this motherhood game. So I had an abundance of women in my life to be amazing examples to me of how a mother should be. TO you beautiful women I thank you and am grateful for you....


My thoughts then turned to my own family. On this day that is suppose to be about celebrating mothers I only wanted to celebrate my beautiful family. I am sure that I have and will continue to make mistakes as a mother. But these adorable munchkins in my life seem to still love me, still want kisses and hugs. I hope as we grow as a family that the mistakes I make as their mother decrease but I will be eternally be grateful and proud to be the mother of Ruby and Madison and step-mother to Emalee and Lily.

3 comments:

  1. Happy belated Mother's Day Deb! Your girls are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome posts! It makes me so happy to see you happy. You deserve it all! You are an awesome mom and I'm glad you are enjoying the journey. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a lovely mother my friend! It seems like yesterday you were single and today you are a mother of two! :) I'm so glad that you have found such lasting happiness. Happy Mother's Day!! Those girls sure are lucky!

    ReplyDelete