Sunday, October 31, 2010

Not so Happy Halloween...

So this is Ruby's first Halloween...and me being the neurotic first time mom wanted it to be perfect. There was plans for the ward trunk-and-treating, hay rides, and actually going trick-or-treating....but alas my baby girl had another plan. Wednesday afternoon I received a call from the day care that my sweet angel had a fever and the rest was down hill. Ruby continued to be sick all weekend....limiting the ability to party down with the best of them. My parents totally stepped up to the plate and helped watch the cranky baby. After having a fever for multiple days she decided to break out in a blistery rash today. So Ruby, g-ma and I spent some time in urgent care today. What a crappy first Halloween! When we got home I put her down with her favorite stuffed animal...the DUCK. I swear I turned my back for moments and I heard a giggle...I turned to see that she was missing. I looked around the corner and saw my sweet baby making the best of a bad situation...





Happy Halloween everyone...hope you all had a safe and fun time!!

3 comments:

  1. she knows how to make the best of a bad situation. great pics

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry she was sick! That is such a bummer. That's actually why Brady couldn't handle life withouth his binkie...he wasn't feeling well either. It's a hard time of year. I'm glad to see she's a fan of sugar =) She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry she was sick, cuz. I hope she's feeling better now. Andrew has been sick the last 10 years on Halloween, including this year... :-( But at least she knew where to get the goods ;-)

    ReplyDelete